James Hubert Blake High School
2021 - 2022 Back to School Resources
Welcome to our summer resource bank. We are looking forward to kicking off the 2021 - 2022 school year with a full return to 5-day a week, in-person instruction. Please note that this also means that we are returning to our normal bell schedule times (start shifting your sleep schedules now Bengals).
General Blake HS Back to School Information
- Welcome Letter from Mr. Sinclair
- Bell Schedules
- Cafeteria Information
All meals will be provided free of charge during the 2021-2022 school year. MCPS will continue to provide breakfast, lunch and dinner meals to all students in schools and at designated food distribution sites.
Families should still complete the 2021-2022 FARMS application. Families can find this application online at: www.MySchoolApps.com.
- Homeroom Assignments NEW
- School Maps
- 2021 - 2022 MCPS Calendar
- Spirit Wear!! Students, families and friends can order customized spirit wear (and have it shipped right to your home) through our athletic department's Online Spirit Wear Store!! Create your personalized spirit wear and represent Blake everwhere you go! Proceeds from the spirit wear sales will support the athletic program as well as school enhancement projects.
- Stay Informed- There are a number of ways that Blake Families can stay informed throughout the year. Here are some of those methods:
- All families will receive our Weekly Update calls and emails starting Sunday, August 22. Phone calls and emails come home at 6:30 p.m. You can access the newsletter (this is the information from the phone call) by going to weeklyupdate.BlakeHS.info . This site also contains previous weekly updates. These emails and phone calls are sent to the contact information we have on file. It is important to update your student's information as shared on this page.
- Check the Blake website (you can access it by using the shortcut BlakeHS.info)
- Follow us on Twitter (Mr. Sinclair- @Blake_Principal, Athletics- @BlakeAthletics, Counseling- @BlakeCounselors, Signature Program- @BlakeSignature)
- Follow us on Instagram (Mr. Sinclair- @Blake_Principal, Athletics- @Blake_Athletics)
- Students can order their Class T-Shirts for Spirit Weeks using the links below. These shirts will be used at pep rallies, during spirit weeks, and more!!
- Notification of Rights Under the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA)
- Directory Withholding Form- Due by September 10, 2021
- Pesticide Notification List Enrollment Form - NEW
Parking Permits (Go on sale August 1)
Student parking permits will go on sale starting August 1, 2021. Students may pay for their parking permits ($75 for the year) by visiting our Online Payments page (starting August 1). Students will not need permits the first few days of school to allow for students to purchase and pick up the assigned passes and parking spaces. Here is the process for obtaining your parking pass.
- Students and parents must review and sign the Blake HS Student Parking Policies and Procedures
- Students and parents must fill out and sign the Parent Request for Student Use of Private Vehicle (Parking Application)
- Students and parents can go to our Online Payments page and pay for your parking pass.
- Parking Passes are non-refundable.
- Students must clear all financial obligations to obtain a parking pass.
- After students pay online please keep a copy of the online payment confirmation. When your forms have been completed and you have the payment confirmation please email a copy of the student driver's license, a copy of current vehicle insurance information, signed application and signed policies and procedures to Dawn_M_Jacob@mcpsmd.org. Once the student application has been processed students and parents will receive a confirmation email and then can go the the business office before school, during lunch, or after school to pick up your pass.
Any questions about parking passes can be emailed to Ms. Jacob ( Dawn_M_Jacob@mcpsmd.org ) our financial specialist who processes parking permit request.
- Blake High School does not have a school supplies list, however, specific courses will share more information during the first week of school. All students should come to school with pens, pencils, paper, and organizational tools such as binders and folders.
- All students will receive a physical copy of the 2021 - 2022 James Hubert Blake High School Planner that will include month and daily calendars.
Student Emergency Contact Information- Please update by August 30th
Families are asked to update student emergency information each year through the ParentVUE portal. You can do this by clicking on the ONLINE REGISTRATION link in the top right corner of the ParentVUE home screen and then selecting ANNUAL VERIFICATION - STUDENT INFORMATION from the drop down list. We are asking families to complete this work prior to the first day of school so that we have accurate student information on file. If you need you can use the ParentVUE Support Guide and the annual verification completion directions.
- Transportation Letter (Spanish)
- Morning Route Information (Updated 07/01/2021)
- Afternoon Route Information (Updated 07/01/2021 )
- Activity Bus Route Information
Information for Families New to Blake
New Student Orientation (9th and 10th Grade Students)
- What: This is an orientation that is open to all students new to Blake, our new 9th grade class and our 10th grade class as well as our new 11th and 12th grade students! Students will have a fun day where they get to know each other and the school.
- When: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 7:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Students who ride a bus will be able to take their assigned bus (at the assigned time) to and from the orientation. Students not taking the the bus should arrive no earlier than 7:30 a.m. and should be picked up by 11:30 a.m.
- In order for us to prepare and plan for all students who may attend we are asking you to RSVP ( https://forms.gle/bn9PRFbHQyZoVcHD7 ) by Friday, August 13, 2021. Please note that students need to be logged into the browser with their mcpsmd.net account to access this form.
- If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Assistant Principal (9th grade administrator), Mr. Norman Edwards ( Norman_A_Edwards@mcpsmd.org ) who is coordinating the event.
New Parent Meeting (9th and 10th Grade Families) NOW ONLINE
- We will host a new parent meeting at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 26, 2021. This meeting is for 9th and 10th grade parents. This meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. and will be all online, there will not be an in person meeting. You can find additional information, including the Zoom link here. The purpose of this meeting is to provide all families who are new to Blake with the information you need to get the year off to a strong start!
Fall Calendar Dates
- August 26- 9th & 10th Grade New Student Orientation (7:45 - 11:30 a.m.)
- August 26- 9th & 10th Grade Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)
- August 30- First Day of School
- September 6- Holiday, no school for students
- September 7- Non-instructional day for students
- September 8, 9, 10- Grades 9 - 11 Student Pictures (through English Classes)
- September 9- Back to School Night
- September 17- Non-instructional day for students
PTSA Back to School Information
- Being updated
Additional Back to School Resources from MCPS
- Asbestos Management Plan Information
- Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form
- Complaint From the Public
- Information on how to report concerns of bullying, harassment (including sexual misconduct and
sexual harassment), intimidation, hazing, incidents of hate-bias, and issues involving student gender identity.
- To learn more about fall sports or to access forms and information please visit the Blake High School Athletics Website.
- Please note that the fall season starts August 11th and students need updated physicals and paperwork to participate.
- Registration for sports is done through ParentVUE. If you need help with access please contact Mr. Fribush at Jared_B_Fribush@mcpsmd.org