MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Student Service Learning Hours
SSL Coordinator: Ms. Jessica Conter, Counseling Office
Deadlines for verification forms:
- Summer hours: Last Friday in September
- Fall semester hours: First Friday in January
- Spring semester hours: First Friday in June for 9th, 10th and 11th graders. Monday, May 2nd for seniors.
- Seniors who want to earn the Certificate of Meritorious Service for working over 260 hours must have their forms in by the first Friday of April
- Verification forms can be found at www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/ssl/ -- click on Student Service Learning Activity Verification
- Credit will only be given for work at pre-approved organizations.
- To check that your organization is pre-approved, go to www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/ssl/ and click on SSL community Opportunities, then click on Organizations
- If your organization is not pre-approved, you must get a pre-approval form signed by Ms.Conter BEFORE you begin the work. You can find the form at www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/ssl/ --click on Individual Student Service Learning Request
- Pre-approval and verification forms are available at www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/ssl/ and in the counseling office.
- Any questions? Email Ms. Conter at Jessica_L_Conter@mcpsmd.org
- Counseling Office Number: 240-740-1390
Last Updated: 9/7/2018