to the Media Center!
Welcome to the Media Center!
The Alternative Program Schools @ Blair Ewing Center Media Program:
- Encourages and promotes independent and enthusiastic readers.
- Supports a collaborative learning environment to reach curricular goals utilizing Universal Design Learning to enhance and support individual academic needs.
- Teaches the information literacy skills necessary to be adaptable 21st century learners as well as how to become responsible and effective users of ideas and information.
- Advocates the integration of technology in the classroom through projects and
Please click here to access the Library Website
Media Center Expectations
- Follow school rules.
- Use your indoor voices.
- Return materials to their proper location. If you don’t remember where an item came from, please ask the Media Center staff for assistance.
- Clean-up your work area and push in chairs before leaving the Media Center.
- No food please. Water only!
Visiting the Media Center
Hours - 7:30 am - 2:30pm
The Media Center is open from 7:30am until the first bell in the morning for students.
The Media Center is usually open during lunch. Students may request a pass from a lunch aide. No food or drink should be brought to the Media Center.
Student are always welcome with a pass to the Media Center during the day to find a new book or to complete school assignments.
All students must sign in at the circulation desk when visiting the Media Center.
- Students may check out up to three items at a time for a loan period of 3 weeks. These items can be renewed a maximum of two times provided there is no waiting list. Magazines do not circulate, but can be read while in the Media Center.
Lost and Overdue Books
- Students with overdue books cannot check out additional books until the overdue ones are returned or renewed. Overdue notices will be sent to students through their homeroom teachers. There are no fines for overdue books.
- Students will be responsible for the cost of any lost or damaged books. If a lost book is found after payment is made, the full amount will be refunded immediately.
We Want to Hear From You!
Do you have a favorite book that you don't see in the media center? Any new titles that we just have to know about? Tell us!
If you have any questions about the media center, please email Mrs Suzanne Jacobs