ESOL at Alternative Education Programs
ESOL students come from a variety of cultural, linguistic, socioeconomic and academic backgrounds. They are tested and placed at one of the following levels; Middle School ESOL Level 1-5 and High School ESOL Level 1-5. Students are tested during the year and are moved from level to level as needed.
In a welcoming, safe, and supportive learning environment, students will be able to
- Develop the English language competency needed to succeed in an academic setting
- Build the confidence and language skills required to interact socially with mainstream students and adults.
James H. Bong
MCPS ESOL Resources
- ESOL Website:
- ESOL in Middle School Program:
- ESOL in High School Program:
- Services for English Language Learners and their Families: