A high-quality education is the fundamental right of every child at Beall Elementary School. Staff, children, parents and the community will form a multi-cultural learning environment which provides all students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will empower them to be successful, contributing citizens of the world.
In 1950, the Montgomery County Board of Education recommended building another elementary school in the western section of Rockville to relieve overcrowding in Rockville, Potomac, and Gaithersburg. A site in the Hunting Hill area was selected and in 1953, construction began. The new school opened in August 1954 with Albert Gibson as the principal. Most faculty members and all of the school children from grades K through 5 from the old Rockville/Park Street Elementary School were shifted to this school. According to the Montgomery Sentinel the school opened with 25 teachers, 767 students, and 20 classrooms, yet it didn't have a name. The students voted to name the school West Rockville Elementary School. The school was officially named West Rockville Elementary on May 23, 1955. In June 1982, the Board of Education passed a resolution to rename the school Beall (pronounced "bell") Elementary after the Beall family. The name was changed in conjunction with the closure of Hungerford Park Elementary School (Park Street closed before Hungerford, and Hungerford was renamed Hungerford Park), because school administrators wanted the school to feel new to everyone.
In August 2018, another elementary school (Bayard Rustin Elementary) opened in the Richard Montgomery High School Cluster. This school opened on the site of the former Hungerford Park Elementary School. In an effort to relieve the overcrowding in all of the cluster elementary schools, neighborhood boundaries were redrawn. Over 250 students from Beall ES were reassigned to attend Bayard Rustin. Additionally, the Woodley Gardens community joined the Beall family (previously attending College Gardens ES) to begin the 2018-19 school year. Beall ES opened the 2018-19 school year with less than 600 students and only 2 relocatable classrooms. The following year, the last relocatable classrooms were removed from the school yard, completely opening up the field area. We continue to build our Dragon community and look forward to amazing school years!