MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
MAP Testing Fall 2020
MSDE is requiring every K-12 student to complete a diagnostic assessment in Reading and Math by October 9th. MCPS will utilize the MAP-R and MAP-M and B-CC will administering these tests on September 30th and October 7th, respectively.
MCPS has provided additional details on the test, including information about the practice test, at this website.
- MAP Math testing and make-up testing has been on-going. Thank you all for your continued support and patience during this time.
- MAP Reading testing will be held on Wednesday, October 7 in the same format that MAP Math testing was held. The testing will be conducted in 4th period classes and commence at 12:30 p.m.
Two Wednesdays, September 30th and October 7th will not be “typical”.
- During these Wednesday's, students will be engaged in asynchronous learning during the morning hours. Students may also take the MAP practice tests (see link above).
- No live check-ins are scheduled for either Wednesday.
- At 12:30 p.m. all students are asked to report to their 4th period class’s Zoom room to complete MAP testing.
Students must use a desktop computer, laptop, or a chromebook to take the MAP Test. Students should not use a cell phone, iPad, or another tablet to take the MAP Assessment.
Questions about MAP testing may be directed to your child’s grade level administrator.