B-CC Attendance Office
Mr. Erwin Avila
Policies and Procedures
Attendance Notes Must Include:
- Student Name, ID number, Grade
- Reasons for absence
- Parent Signature and daytime phone number
- Notes must have a parent’s signature
- Scanned documents or photos of written notes with signature are accepted
Tardiness, Unexcused absence and Loss of Credit
- 3 unexcused tardies equal one unexcused absence
- 5 unexcused absences can result in loss of credit
- Student must sign in.
- Student must have a note from parent/guardian stating student I.D., reason, date and time of departure.
- Student must take the note to the attendance office in the morning, prior to leaving.
- Student must sign out.
- When student returns to school from an all-day absence, s/he must bring a note to the attendance office within 3 school days.
MCPS Excused Absences
- Death in Family
- Illness of student (doctor’s note required after 5 days)
- Court summons (proof required)
- Medical appointments
- Observance of religious holiday
- State emergency
- Authorized activity approved in advance
- Violent/hazardous weather
- Lack of MCPS transportation
- Vacations are not excused absences.
- Attendance is taken in each period. An automated calling system notifies parents if a student is unexcused from any period of the day.
- No phone calls necessary when students are absent. Bring in a note upon returning to school.
- All absences are considered unexcused until a student presents a note, signed by his or her parent, to the attendance office. The student is responsible for carrying out this procedure. Whenever possible, use the B-CC Attendance Note.