B-CC High School Music Boosters
Welcome to the World of B-CC Music!
The Music Boosters are all of us – parents of Music Students, alumni, B-CC community members and partners who support the music department with our time, energy, and financial donations. All donations and proceeds from fundraisers go directly to support the goals of the Music program and the musical growth and enrichment of the students. With so many important budget demands, MCPS can only provide a fraction of the funds needed to support a strong Music program. Hence, excellence in B-CC’s Music program depends heavily on the on-going support of parents and the community. We invite you to be generous with your financial support and to participate in our many program events and fundraisers, which will allow you to get to know other music families while supporting our wonderful music teachers and students.
If you’ve any questions about Boosters, please email MusicBoostersBCC@gmail.com.
Join the Music Listserv (click here) to receive notices and stay informed.
How to Support the Music Department?
- Make a donation and have your name listed in a Concert program. You may donate to Music Boosters through pay4schoolstuff.com. I
f you prefer a check, have your student bring it (along with the form) to their music teacher. Please make checks payable to “B-CC HS Music Boosters.”
- Book the String Quartet or Jazz Combo for your next gathering (contact Marshall White: Marshall_J_White@mcpsmd.org)
- Attend the Fall Fundraiser 'October Overture' and the Winter Fundraiser 'Cabaret and Silent Auction' (super fun events!)
- Donate an item to the Cabaret Silent Auction
- Donate an instrument (contact Marshall White: Marshall_J_White@mcpsmd.org)
- Donate gently-used concert attire to the B-CC Music Community Closet
- Buy gently-used concert attire from the Community Closet
- Join the Music listserv for news and events
- Eat more fruit! Participate in our annual fruit fundraiser each Fall.
- Help with the Music Boosters Cafe held during the annual B-CC Used Book Sale: Bake, Volunteer for a shift, and/or Play music at the Cafe!
Why donate to support the BCC Music Department?
B-CC has one of the most successful and popular music programs in our County. Approximately 500 students enroll in music each semester. Our dedicated teachers and students strive for excellence in our program. Our instrumental and choral groups consistently receive top scores in local and national competitions, and our students continue to grow and thrive in their musical education as part of this supportive community.
Running a top-quality program relies on generosity of parents, families, and our business community contributing to BCC Music Boosters, to help cover expenses essential to strengthen our music program such as:
- New Instruments and numerous instrument repairs and tuning (normal when several students may share instruments).
- Stipends for Guest clinicians and regular coaches who help improve our students’ sounds and skills. Sectional coaching for instrument and choral ensembles.
- Need-based financial assistance for students unable to fully participate without assistance.
- Technical recordings and Sound support used for on-going teaching about sounds and technique
- Guest speakers or teachers.