Meeting Dates: New dates for 2021-2022 coming soon!
Baker Middle School NJHS Selection Criteria
The selection criteria for the National Junior Honor Society are based on the pillars of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Citizenship, and Character. After MP2 report cards have been distributed, students in the 7th and 8th grades will be invited to apply for membership in the NJHS if they fulfill the GPA requirement of a 3.5 or better for the previous year as well as the first two quarters of the current school year, combined with being on the Honor Roll for all six quarters.
Invited students will be responsible for completing the Student Activity Information Form. Every student who is selected to be a member of the NJHS, and accepts, will be expected to attend all meetings and maintain the standards of the NJHS. NJHS members are expected to participate in a certain number of service activities next school year. The following indicators of the five pillars serve as a framework for selection:
• A GPA of 3.5 or higher for last year as well as the first two quarters of this year, and being on the Honor Roll for all six quarters
• Successfully holding school offices or positions of responsibility
• Leading in the classroom, at work, and in other school or community activities
• Participating in some service or charitable activity outside of school
• Mentoring people in the community or students at other schools
• Helping with any request made by staff to help support our school community
• Volunteering to provide assistance whenever needed
• Understanding the importance of civic involvement
• Having a high regard for freedom, justice, and democracy
• Involvement with such activities as Scouting, community organizations, and school clubs
• Upholding our core values of respect, responsibility, and integrity
• Complying with school rules