MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Student Service Learning Hours
Baker Middle School Student Service Learning (SSL) Coordinator
Give a Little Time, Make a Big Difference
All SSL forms for hours completed between June 1, 2019 and May 31, 2021 are due no later than June 4, 2021. SSL forms are not entered every day. Therefore, please do not email your completed forms. We don't want student SSL forms to get lost in email. There is a page for SSL in the Baker MS MyMCPS Classroom. Students should go to the SSL page, click on the button and follow the steps to upload the form there so the form will be saved for the next time SSL forms are entered.
Click here (Links to an external site.) to be sure the non-profit organization for whom you have provided service is pre-approved for SSL. Be sure you are using the most current version of the MCPS SSL Verification Form (Links to an external site.) and that your form is completely filled out, including parent/guardian signature.
Email Mrs. Nelson if you have any questions.
Montgomery County Volunteer Center: http://www.montgomeryserves.org/volunteers/student-service-learning-ssl
indicates MCPS SSL approved
SSL: Enhances Academic Learning
- All SSL activities must be documented on MCPS Form 560-51, Student Service Learning Activity Verification and turned in to the school SSL coordinator according to timelines.
- Students should keep copies of all SSL documents that they turn into the school or community representatives.
- Organizations and opportunities not listed at www.mcpsssl.org must be pre approved using MCPS Form 560-50, Request for SSL Preapproval.
- Students may address hunger and homelessness in Montgomery County by preparing bag lunches and dinners in their homes for delivery to homeless facilities. This is an exception to the guideline that all service must occur in a public place. Check out the details at the Questions and Answers section at Student Service Learning.
- Stay aware of ways to become involved in the Montgomery County Community Service Day this month.
Superintendent's Student Service Learning Award
All students who meet the 75 hour student service graduation requirement by the first Friday in April of a middle school year will receive a Superintendent's Student Service (SSL) Learning Award. Students will receive a certificate from Montgomery County Public Schools’ superintendent. It is only awarded once.