Donate Your Car
Would you like to earn a tax deduction? Or would you simply want a good reason for getting a new car? Now you can have both. Donate your car to the Montgomery County Students Automotive Trades Foundation (ATF). Your donation will help over 400 high school students in Montgomery County learn how to evaluate, repair, and refurbish used cars. The students run a “Mini Dealership” where people can purchase the refurbished cars.
The ATF graciously accepts donations at the following locations:
- Damascus HS
- Gaithersburg HS
- Thomas Edison HS of Technology
- Seneca Valley HS
- Shady Grove School Bus Depot
The ATF program always needs and welcomes vehicles for donation.
- Vehicles need to have a title and lien release document (only needed if the title shows a previous lien holder)
- Customer is able and willing to get the vehicle to an ATF location
Donor must also complete a Donation Authorization Form
Each vehicle is evaluated by students in the ATF program. Based on their evaluation, the vehicles will be utilized in one of three areas of instruction:
- Complete renovation for use as part of the marketing program, to be sold to the general public
- Partial renovation for sale as part of our wholesale operation
- Use as a training aid in the automotive technology or automotive body repair courses
If you would like to donate a vehicle, please call Mike Snyder at (240) 740-2047, weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. to make an appointment. Over MCPS summer breaks, please contact the office at (240) 740-2050.
Or e-mail Mr. Snyder at Michael_C_Snyder@mcpsmd.org