The Fourth Grade Team 2020-2021
Mrs. Brenner Mrs. Weaver Ms. Cline Ms. Ekstrom
Mrs. Norton Ms. Greco
Links for Learning
Students are working on remembering the parts of speech. Funbrain has a fun game to help them learn.
Also try out Wacky Web Tales. This site works a bit like those Mad Libs. Students have to enter parts of speech in order to create a story.
Take a look at the Word Wall words your child should be able to read and write by the end of fourth grade.
Curriculum: What will your child learn in fourth grade?
- A Parent's Guide to Fourth Grade is available on the MCPS Elementary Instruction and Achievementsite.
- Sports Illustrated for Kids
- Montgomery County Public LIbraries
- American Library Association - Children's Book Awards
- Reading Level Benchmarks
- Word Wall Lists
Ideas to Encourage Reading
- Read the same book as your child and discuss as you both read / enjoy
- Have your child read out loud to you as you make dinner etc.
- Allow enough time at the end of the day to read in bed
- Visit a library/coffee shop/park together and read
- Read the newspaper (KidsPost) at breakfast together
- Have your child read in the car / bus
- Read a book and then rent the movie of the book