Parent Technical Support Email:
The Argyle Magnet Middle School Counseling Department works to support our diverse community of learners. We focus on the equitable development of the student’s academic skills, social-emotional well being and career readiness to be lifelong learners and successful citizens that positively contribute to their community.
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT MISSION
Argyle Magnet Middle School’s Counseling Department serves as school leaders who collaborate with school and community stakeholders to close educational gaps. We work to ensure students are supported socially, emotionally, and academically. Through our comprehensive school counseling program, we strive to be change agents by building a positive learning environment that helps students to be innovative future leaders.
OFFICE CONTACT INFORMATION & HOURS
Phone Number: 240-740-6380
Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 3:45 pm
Our counselors are available to assist via email, google voice, or office hours. Please feel free to contact your student’s counselor to discuss any concerns related to your child.
Counselor Contact Info
Resource Counselor: Mr. Lilja
- Email: Matthew_J_Lilja@mcpsmd.org
- Virtual Link: Zoom Link Meeting ID: 3109498714 Pswrd: ams (case sensitive)
6th Grade Counselor: Ms. Tran
Virtual Link: Zoom Link Meeting ID: 94470598938 Pswrd: ams (case sensitive)
7th Grade Counselor: Mr. Rowan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual Link: Zoom Link Meeting ID: Pswrd: ams (case sensitive)
8th Grade & DCC Counselor: Ms. Chelsea Green
Virtual Link: Zoom Link Meeting ID: 876 7442 3083 Pswrd: ams (case sensitive)
High School Choice and Magnet Programs
Click on any of the consortium schools listed below to find out more information about each of their programs.
Getting Connected with ParentVue
ParentVUE is the primary method schools communicate home regarding grades, attendance, scheduling, log into myMCPS Classroom, and more. Please contact your student’s counselor if you need your activation code. Below are helpful resources to help you set up with ParentVUE.
Getting Started with ParentVUE video (English): (Use Link below)
Getting Started with ParentVUE video (Spanish): (use link below)
For more ParentVUE technical support: (Use link https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/mymcps-classroom/)
MCPS has various support guides and videos to help you navigate through ParentVUE. Please check them out.
- Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form: Use this form to report alleged incidents of bullying, harrassment or intimidation.
- Bullying: Learn about anti-bullying measures and ways you can help prevent it from happening to you child.
- Cafeteria: myLunchMoney.com is a service which allows parents to make prepayments to their child’s cafeteria account with a credit/debit card using the Internet. Once the account is established, you can check balances, view student purchases, set up recurring payments, and receive low balance e-mail notification.
- Enrollment Information: Understand the process to get enrolled at Argyle.
- FARMS Information & Application: Understand who is eligible for free or reduced-priced meals and how to apply.
- Get Connected!: Discover a unique directory of up-to-date information on community services for children, teens, families, adults and seniors.
- High School Choice Process:Choose between Blair, Einstein, Kennedy, Northwood, Wheaton, (Milestones Program Booklet).
- MSMC: Choose Success! The Middle School Magnet Consortium (MSMC) is made up of three schools -- Argyle, Loiederman, and Parkland middle schools -- each of which offers an innovative and challenging magnet curriculum.
- Parent Resource Guide: This guide has useful information related to specific parenting needs, helping your children with academics , social/emotional wellness as community resources (including Covid-19 resources) and technology resources.
- 2021 Summer Camps and Programs: Your resource guide to summer learning and camps opportunities! In person and virtual opportunities available.
- Scheduling and Registration Information: Information on our elective courses and the course selection process
- SSL: Everything you need to know about Student Service Learning (SSL) in Montgomery County.
- Montgomery County Volunteer Center: Get connected with SSL opportunities.