Student Service Learning (SSL) Information & Updates
Support your community, explore career interests, tackle issues that are important to you, and feel good about the work you’re doing while meeting the Student Service Learning (SSL) graduation requirement!
Check out these important December 2022 SSL Updates to learn more about SSL opportunities, documentation, and how to stay up to date on your SSL record and activity.
Upcoming December SSL Opportunities!
- MCPS Sustainability Symposium (December 7, 2022, 6PM-7PM) - MCPS is hosting a Fall Sustainability Symposium to share updates on the Electric School Bus Project. Join us virtually to learn more about electric school buses and how this project helps to reduce the harmful greenhouse gas emissions that are generated by diesel-fueled buses.
- Students may earn 1.5 SSL hours for attending and actively participating in this symposium.
- Additional details can be found at the following link: https://montgomerycountymd.galaxydigital.com/need/detail/?need_id=755206
- The Keeping It Safe Student Video Contest is now open! Students may earn 5 SSL hours for quality video submissions. Interested students may view the contest rules and additional information at this link.
- The Choose Respect Video Contest is now open! Students may earn 10 SSL hours for quality video submissions. Interested students may view the contest rules and additional information at this website.
Students may find additional SSL organizations and opportunities on the Volunteer Center website; these organizations and opportunities are identified with the blue MCPS SSL graduation cap icon. A complete list of current nonprofit-hosted SSL opportunities may be found at the following quick links: https://bit.ly/SSLOpportunitie