Skip to main content

Employee and Retiree Service Center → Employees → Pay and schedule information → Salary-adjustments

Salary Increases Effective January 29, 2022

The Board of Education has approved agreements with the employee associations that allow for a 1.5 percent cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for all permanent employees and home and hospital teachers. The pay increase will go into effect on January 29, 2022. 

How does this apply to you?

First, determine your current salary step.
  1. Visit the Employee Self-Service (ESS) web page;
  2. Click on the My salary information link, which you will find under the green My Pay banner;
  3. Log in to be directed to your current salary information; and
  4. Click on your position code or job title to see your current salary step.
Next, review your union-specific information.

SEIU, MCEA, and MCAAP/MCBOA employees will receive a 1.5 percent COLA. 

Compare the outcome with the Salary Schedules

Now that you know your current step and what you will receive, refer to the FY 2021 Salary Schedules (effective May 3, 2021)* to see exactly how that translates to dollars and cents. Full details on the Salary Schedules, including appropriate supplements, are available on the Salary Schedules web page

*Update coming soon

What to expect next

  1. Verify the increase you have received.
    Your new salary information, including your salary/hourly rate of pay and prorated annual salary, will be available via Employee Self-Service (ESS) beginning January 29, 2022. To verify your salary, visit the ESS web page and click My salary information under the green My Pay banner.
  2. Look for your salary increase in your February 25, 2022, paycheck.
    Pay increases that result from the FY 2022 COLA will take effect on January 29, 2022. Remember: MCPS employees are paid two weeks after the last day of a pay period. This means that you will receive your COLA beginning with your February 25, 2022, paycheck. 

For more information regarding the 2022 budget and negotiated agreements, visit the Association Relations web page.