Board of Education → Meetings → August 26, 2010
Board of Education Meeting: August 26, 2010
Watch Meeting by Agenda Item
- Click on agenda item
- Click on "Watch Now" button to view video of that item (Internet Explorer only)
- Summary will appear if available
- To hide summary, click agenda item again
Full Agenda (PDF)
- Approval of the Agenda; In Appreciation of Stephen N. Abrams
The Board of Education passed a resolution expressing appreciation for Stephen N. Abrams, who died August 1, 2010. Mr. Abrams served three terms on the Montgomery County Board of Education, from 1992â€“1996, 1998â€“2002, and 2004â€“2008. Both as a Board member and afterwards, Mr. Abrams was a strong advocate for Montgomery County students and staff and a believer in enhancing the academic ability of all children. Mr. Abrams was recognized as being a forward-looking, out-of-the-box thinker who was able to analyze issues from every side and spark meaningful discussions about structural changes in education.
- Public Comments
- Board/Superintendent Comments
- Consent Items
- Human Resources Appointments
The Board approved the appointments of the following administrator:
- Marjorie D. Lope, currently acting supervisor, Division of Accelerated and Enriched Instruction, as supervisor, Division of Accelerated and Enriched Instruction
- Readiness for Opening Schools
- The Board of Education heard oral reports from various offices at Montgomery County Public Schools regarding the district's readiness for the first day of school.
- Board of Education Items
- Items of Information
This meeting is streamed in Windows Media format.
Get Windows Media
Internet Explorer: Click on an agenda item to go to that segment of the video.
Firefox/Opera: Right click on the video player, select file markers, and then choose the segment you want to watch.
Mac Users: In stand-alone player, select view, file markers, and choose the segment you want to watch. Launch stand-alone player
Technical problems: Contact Webmaster
Feedback: Tell us what you think
Updated September 22, 2010 | Maintained by Web Services