Board of Education → Meetings → July 26, 2010
Board of Education Meeting: July 26, 2010
Watch Meeting by Agenda Item
- Click on agenda item
- Click on "Watch Now" button to view video of that item (Internet Explorer only)
- Summary will appear if available
- To hide summary, click agenda item again
Full Agenda (PDF)
- Approval of the Agenda
- Public Comments
- Board/Superintendent Comments
- Consent Items
- Human Resources Appointments
- Monique T. Felder, currently acting director, Division of Accelerated and Enriched Instruction, as director, Division of Accelerated and Enriched Instruction
- Diane D. Morris, currently principal intern, Robert Frost Middle School, as principal, William H. Farquhar Middle School
- Dana E. Davison, currently assistant principal, Neelsville Middle School, as principal, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School
- Jennifer Webster, currently assistant principal, Walt Whitman High School, as principal, Thomas W. Pyle Middle School
- Yolanda Stanislaus, currently assistant principal, Cresthaven Elementary School, as principal Galway Elementary School
- Douglas E. Nelson, currently staff development teacher, Gaithersburg Middle School, as magnet coordinator, Roberto W. Clemente Centers Program
- Rebecca A. Jones, currently principal, Damascus Elementary School, as principal, Westbrook Elementary School
- Melanie M. Haste, currently resource teacher special education, Gaithersburg Middle School, as coordinator, Needwood Academy
- Bridge to Excellence Master Plan 2010 Update
The Board of Education tentatively approved Part II of the school systemâ€™s Comprehensive Master Plan. The plan contains goals and strategies to promote academic excellence among all students and to eliminate performance gaps among identified subgroups. The Bridge to Excellence in Public Schools Act of 2002 requires each school system in the state to submit an annual update of a comprehensive five-year master plan. The MCPS master plan is based on the school systemâ€™s strategic plan, Our Call to Action: Pursuit of Excellence, which the Board approved for 2010â€“2015 on June 28. The Board will submit Part II of the Comprehensive Master Plan to the county executive and County Council by Sept. 15 and will take final action on both Parts I and II of the plan by Oct. 15.
- Final Action, Policy ABC, Parental Involvement
The Board gave final approval to the updated Policy ABC, Parent and Family Involvement. The policy sets forth guidelines for encouraging parent and family involvement in the school community to support childrenâ€™s education, healthy development, and well-being. The policy, which was tentatively approved on Jan. 12, was updated to remove regulatory language and align with research-based national standards for family-school partnerships, and then was sent out for public comment. The policy also directs Montgomery County Public Schools to promote family involvement efforts to reach and include the school systemâ€™s diverse community.
- Board of Education Items
This meeting is streamed in Windows Media format.
Get Windows Media
Internet Explorer: Click on an agenda item to go to that segment of the video.
Firefox/Opera: Right click on the video player, select file markers, and then choose the segment you want to watch.
Mac Users: In stand-alone player, select view, file markers, and choose the segment you want to watch. Launch stand-alone player
Technical problems: Contact Webmaster
Feedback: Tell us what you think
Updated July 30, 2010 | Maintained by Web Services