Board of Education → Meetings → Meeting Viewer: February 13, 2007
Board of Education Meeting: February 13, 2007
Watch Meeting by Agenda Item
Click on agenda item. Click on Watch Now button to view video of that item. Summary will appear if available.
Full Agenda (79K PDF)
Note: The following agenda items were not covered at the February 13, 2007 meeting: 3.0 Final Action on Policy IEB, Middle School Education; 6.0 Monthly Financial Report; 7.0 Presentation of Preliminary Plans; 9.0 Final Action on Policy FFA, Naming School Facilities; and 11.0 Items of Information. Items will be brought up at future meetings.
- Approval of Agenda
- Recommendation to Reappoint the Superintendent of Schools
The Board of Education unanimously voted to extend the contract of Superintendent Jerry D. Weast for an additional four years. Public announcement
- Ratification of Negotiated Agreements Between SEIU Local 500 and the Montgomery County Public Schools; Between Montgomery County Education Association and the Montgomery County Public Schools; and Between Montgomery County Association of Administrative and Supervisory Personnel and the Montgomery County Public Schools
The Board of Education voted Tuesday to approve new negotiated contracts with the three employee associations that provide salary increases over the next three years, call for a renewed commitment to collaboration, and address other working condition issues. Public announcement
- Public Comments
- Board/Superintendent Comments
- FY 2008 Operating Budget Amendments and Adoption
The Board of Education adopted a $1.988 billion Fiscal Year 2008 operating budget Tuesday to continue its reform efforts that have produced unprecedented academic achievement for Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) students. Public announcement
- Human Resources
The Board approved the following administrative appointment:
- James Virga as Associate Superintendent of the Office of Organizational Development.
- Items of Legislation
- Consent Items
- Board of Education Items
This meeting is streamed in Windows Media format.
Get Windows Media
Internet Explorer: Click on an agenda item to go to that segment of the video.
Firefox/Opera: Right click on the video player, select file markers, and then choose the segment you want to watch.
Mac Users: In stand-alone player, select view, file markers, and choose the segment you want to watch. Launch stand-alone player
Technical problems: Contact Webmaster
Feedback: Tell us what you think
Updated February 20, 2007 | Maintained by Web Services