Board of Education → Meetings → Meeting Viewer: July 27, 2006
Board of Education Meeting: July 27, 2006
Watch Meeting by Agenda Item
Click on agenda item. Click on Watch Now button to view video of that item. Summary will appear if available.
Full Agenda (56K PDF)
- Approval of the Agenda
- Public Comments
- Board / Superintendent Comments
- Consent Items
The Board authorized the president and secretary of the Board of Education to execute a settlement agreement to terminate the Grafton Schoolâ€™s lease at the former Montrose Elementary School. During the 2005-2006 school year, Grafton closed its program at the facility for financial reasons and asked to be released from its lease obligations. The Grafton program served adolescents with developmental disabilities, and a request for proposals is being developed with Department of Health and Human Services and County Council staff to identify a new provider of these services. Short-term placements were found for students who were enrolled in the Grafton School at the time of its closure.
- Human Resources Appointments
The Board approved the following administrative appointments:
- Kevin E. Lowndes, currently assistant principal, Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School, as principal, Wheaton High School
- Jody L. Smith, currently principal intern, Flower Hill Elementary School, as principal, Chevy Chase Elementary School
- Genevieve L. Floyd, currently assistant principal, Northwest High School, as special assistant to the deputy superintendent, Office of Information and Organizational Systems
- Board of Education Items
This meeting is streamed in Windows Media format.
Get Windows Media
Internet Explorer: Click on an agenda item to go to that segment of the video.
Firefox/Opera: Right click on the video player, select file markers, and then choose the segment you want to watch.
Mac Users: In stand-alone player, select view, file markers, and choose the segment you want to watch. Launch stand-alone player
Technical problems: Contact Webmaster
Feedback: Tell us what you think
Updated September 7, 2006 | Maintained by Web Services